Monday, April 09, 2007

So many cool things.....

Have happened since my last post so you might want to grab your favorite beverage cause this may take awhile! lol

We bought a house!! The one we have been renting for 2 years. It has been in the works since January, very few people knew, we didn't want to jinx it. So we signed papers on 3/27 and wouldn't you know it, the bottom element crapped out in my oven and I went 1.5 weeks without an oven. But the good news is...... see photo

Isn't she GORGEOUS!!! and guess what....she was totally free. And in the next week or so we are supposed to get the matching fridge, free too. The totally cool thing about the stove, it has NEVER been used, you heard me, NEVER EVER been used. I sooo love it, and have enjoyed it a lot!! I will be baking cookies tonight for the guy that gave it to us. It is the least I could do. Oh, notice the cupboard door on the counter next to my pretty stove. Yup, we have 22 cupboards that we are painting and distressing, adding new hardware and we have 10 drawers to do too. As of 4/08 we have 8 doors done. I do not like people who paing and totally cover the hinges and screws, yikes it is a lot of work getting those cleaned up. So as my DH struggles to get the screws uncovered enough to remove, I remind him how much money he is saving by not getting totally new cabinets etc. (actually I don't want new ones as these are old farmhouse cupboards, 3 feet tall and store a lot of stuff)!! lol

Lets see, Chandler has started playing games now. She has done really good so far, she plays short stop and pitches, although this year she only wants to pitch if she has too.





Sammy is officially on the High School VARSITY fastpitch team. the only Freshman to make it and knocked a few seniors, juniors etc off to JV. She always told us she would be a walk on Varsity! We are proud of her and her hard work to get there. She also recently took over the short stop position (normally plays 3rd)but had been playing outfield. Right now I am not liking the coach...it is spring break here and they have a home game today and Wednesday and practice Tuesday and Thursday. Just what I wanted to do during my break, driving her to school everyday. ugh. Next year she will be driving, not sure how Iam feeling about that!





Well that is what has been going on and keeping me from blogging, well that and this


Isn't that the most GORGEOUS ribbon you have ever seen!! Yummy. I have been spending my little bit of mad money buying ribbon from Jody, she is a confessed ribbon addict. I will post her blog addy in a few. I have BIG plans for spring break, like getting some much needed scrapbooking done. okay well dinner is almost done and the troops should be home soon as well. Will post more sometime this week!
Hugs and Giggles!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

O.K......THAT's it!! No more ribbon for you!!! LOL........

Hugs
Julie