Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I have what??

Allergies. Since when? Evidently allergies are rampant here in the PNW this year. Especially to persons who have never had allergies.
So last night as we were eating another late dinner ( remember softball season is upon us) as I was eating my jaw on the right side was feeling kind of funny and it felt like my gland just under my ear was swelled a bit. By the time dinner was over it was way swollen and it hurt. I figured I had a flaming infection. I knew it wasn't anything to do with my teeth. So I went online and the only thing I could come up with was Mono. Yeah right. So I went to bed with an ice pack on my jaw, that was fun and cold! rofl! So I called the Doctors office at 9am this morning and got in. It is ALLERGIES, now I have had laryngitus (sp) for nearly 3 weeks with no cold no sore throat etc. She sai my ear drum was swollen and shifted, my nasal area was very swollen and river going down the back of my throat. huh? So Iam now on Alavert D for 5-7 days. If that doesnt clear it up she gave me some flonase to use. I also have to take ibuprofen every 8 hours and apply heat periodically to my jaw. By the time I left the Drs. it was hurting pretty bad. It still hurts somewhat. Oh and she told me not to be outside for long periods of time. So I had to miss Sammy's high school game today and possibly this weekends tournament as well. ugh. Well off to finish up dinner since the gang just walked in. i will update with more photos of the kitchen remodel etc tomorrow.
Hugs and Giggles!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I'm so glad that you went to the doctor and got some medicine. Your ear drum shifted? That doesn't sound good..... yikes! And on Spring Break!! The nerve of it!

I'll talk to you soon. Today is funeral day.

Love ya, Julie