Monday, April 16, 2007

Spring Break

Well spring break is over!
It never is long enough. I am feeling sooo much better.
I am posting some photos of what I did during part of my break. As some of you know, we purchased the house we had been renting the last 2 years. Well now that it is ours, we get to do whatever we want to it! lol We decided to start with the kitchen cabinets since the weather is still unpredictable to paint the outside. When we moved in the kitchen needed to be painted so we did get permission to do that, I chose Stampin' Ups! Barely Banana for the walls ans a paler version for the ceiling. For the cabinets I wanted a cross between Certainly Celery and Mellow Moss, Bill forgot to take the cardstock samples when he went to get the paint, but he actually did a good job on the color, it is closer to the moss color but that is okay. So we took off a set of cabinets, Bill sanded and painted them. I beat the crap out of them, with a ratchet tool and lots of sand paper and sanding blocks we wanted a ditressed look, well I did anyways and since his cooking requires a phone. He didn't get a choice! lol We aren't quite done yet, we have 4 drawers and 6 more cabinets doors to do. Wouldn't you know it, we lost a hinge... We have no clue where the heck it walked off too. But hopefully Bill will be able to find a match. okay enough chatter onto the photo's.
BEFORE:


AFTER:




Hope you enjoyed the photos. I will post more photos as we get more done. Right now I am in a qaundry about window treatments for the window. We plan on replacing the window hopefully within 6 months and will be taller and not as wide. So I do not want to spend too much on the treatments right now, so I may have to pull out the ole sewing machine!lol Dont you LOVE my new handles. I do! lol We got a deal on them too. Buy 2 get 1 free. My next post I will add photos of my handle templates, I had fun making those. Also excuse all the crappola on the counters/floor. We are in the middle of a remodel! lol

Hugs and Giggles!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lookin' good gf !

hugs
Julie